Browned Butter and Sage Roasted Butternut Squash
Prep Time: 10 minutes Prepare dinner Time: 20 minutes Whole Time: 30 minutes Servings: 6
Tender roasted sweet butternut squash in garlic browned butter with a great deal of fried sage!
- 1 (2-3 pound) butternut squash, peed, seeded and lower into chunk sized cubes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt and pepper to style
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh new sage, thinly sliced
- Toss the butternut squash with the oil, salt and pepper in advance of spreading out in a solitary layer on a baking sheet.
- Roast the squash in a preheated 400F/200C oven until tender, about 20-30 minutes, mixing fifty percent way by means of.
- Meanwhile, prepare dinner the butter in a modest saucepan in excess of medium heat right until it starts to switch a wonderful hazelnut brown in advance of getting rid of it from the warmth and mixing in the garlic and sage.
Selection: Incorporate 1 little onion. (You can both slice it and roast it with the butternut or dice it and cook dinner it in the butter.)
Selection: Include 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey or brown sugar to butter mixture, soon after mixing in the garlic and sage, for some extra sweetness and flavour.
Choice: Incorporate a splash of lemon juice, cider vinegar or balsamic vinegar to the butter mixture just after mixing in the garlic and sage.
Possibility: Incorporate a pinch of pink pepper flakes alongside with the garlic and sage.
Solution: Swap the sage with thyme.
Option: Garnish with 1/4 cup crispy cooked pancetta.
Alternative: Garnish with 1/4 cup pepitas.
Option: Garnish with 1/4 cup dried cranberries.
Option: Sprinkle grated parmesan or pecorino cheese on although nevertheless heat.