Black Forest cake is a delightful chocolate cake with rich & juicy cherry filling and topped with chocolate shavings or glaze, based on the German delicacy Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte.
Thus, you see, there are numerous reasons why individuals experience delicious passion for this flavorful excellence. The heavenly melt-in-mouth cake is one of the most popular and preferred cakes at various events worldwide; one can get black forest cake online very easily. What more could you ask? It is excessively simple to bake at home, and that is why we are here with the best Eggless Black Forest cake recipe that you will cherish. So, let’s get started with the recipe.
- 2 ⅛ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1¼ – 1½ cup buttermilk or 1½ cup warm milk + 1 tsp vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 (20 ounce) cans pitted sour cherries
- 1 cup white sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ cup confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C.
- Grease two round cake tins, then line the bottoms with butter paper.
- Take a bowl, add flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Then, buttermilk, oil, and one tablespoon vanilla and beat it until mixed well. (instead of buttermilk, you can also add warm milk plus vinegar)
- After that, pour the batter into greased pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Or you can check in between as well as settings of every oven can differ.
- For checking, put a toothpick in the middle and take it out; if the stick comes out to be clean, then it means your cake is ready.
- Let both the layers cool for a while after taking it out from the oven.
- Reserve 1/2 cup juice by draining cherries.
- Now, add reserved juice, cherries, sugar, and cornstarch in a saucepan and cook it over low heat until thickens; keep stirring it.
- Then add 1 teaspoon vanilla and stir again. Now, let it cool.
- Now let’s begin with frosting, for this all you need to do is combine whipping cream and confectioner’s sugar in a chilled bowl.
- Beat them with a mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Now it’s time to assemble our delicious cake.
- Now cut each cake layer in half horizontally.
- Now, crush one layer into crumbs.
- Save 1 1/2 cups of frosting for decorating the cake.
- Now comes the real deal, place one cake layer on a cake plate and spread 1 cup frosting over it. Then, top with 3/4 cup cherry topping.
- Take another layer and place over the first one, and repeat the process. Top it with the third layer.
- Then, frost the sides of the cake and pat them with the crumps.
- Now decorate your cake as you wish.
So, try this simple yet delicious cake recipe and enjoy it with your near and dear ones. If you are not great with baking, then you can simply order it online and enjoy the delicacy. Happy Baking!!