Responsible Disclosure of Security Vulnerabilities
No technology is perfect, and The Atlantic believes that working with skilled security researchers across the globe is crucial in identifying weaknesses in any technology. If you believe you’ve found a security issue in our product or service, we encourage you to notify us. We welcome working with you to resolve the issue promptly.
· Let us know as soon as possible upon discovery of a potential security issue, and we’ll make every effort to quickly resolve the issue.
· Provide us a reasonable amount of time to resolve the issue before any disclosure to the public or a third-party.
· Make a good faith effort to avoid privacy violations, destruction of data, and interruption or degradation of our service. Only interact with accounts you own or with explicit permission of the account holder.
While researching, we’d like to ask you to refrain from:
· Denial of service
· Social engineering (including phishing) of Atlantic Media staff or contractors
· Any physical attempts against Atlantic Media property or data centers
While we currently do not have a formal vulnerability reporting system in place at this time, please reach out to [email protected] to report any critical issues you may discover. Thank you for helping keep The Atlantic and our users safe!