Officials: Cooking food left unattended led to Savannah fire, 1 person taken to hospital for burns

Savannah Fire says food cooking on the stove left unattended led to a house fire and sent a person to the hospital with second-degree burns.



THAT’S A LOOK AT SPORTS. STICK AROUND. RIGHT NOW ON WJCL 22 MORNING NEWS.. RIGHT BEFORE HE LEAVES OFFICE– — PRESIDENT TRUMP IS EXERCISING HIS PARDON POWER ON A LONG LIST OF PEOPLE. é “I’M ABC’S ELIZABETH SCHULZE IN WASHINGTON WITH THE LATEST ON TODAY’S INAUGURATION.” PLUS—- LOWCOUNTRY

Read More

OLYMPIA, WA – According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), cooking is the leading cause of home fires and home fire injuries in the United States. For this reason, this year’s Fire Prevention Week campaign is “Serve Up Fire Safety in the Kitchen!”

The Washington State Fire Marshal’s Office (SFMO) supports this campaign and reminds residents to never leave cooking food unattended. Stay in the kitchen while you are frying, grilling, or broiling. If you have to leave, even for a short time, turn off the stove.  If you are baking or roasting, check it regularly and stay home

Read More