These Traeger Crab Stuffed Mushrooms take a classic appetizer and give it some wood-fired flavor! Packed full of sweet, flavorful crab, you’re going to want a few of these before you’re done!
Traeger Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
I am such a fan of appetizers, and especially appetizers we can make on the grill. These feature classic flavors from all of your favorite stuffed mushrooms, but you can cook them outside right on your pellet grill or smoker. You’ll get a touch of smoke from the live fire without it being overwhelming to the mushroom and crab filling.
We have a lot of great Traeger Appetizer Recipes here, too, so stick around a while and start planning!
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms shopping list
Wondering if you have to hit the store? Here’s the list of items you’ll need to make this recipe. For specific amounts, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- cream cheese
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- black pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- crab meat
- green onion
How to make Stuffed Mushrooms on the Traeger
This is just the overview so you can see what you’re actually getting into here. When you are cooking, you’ll want to use the full recipe at the bottom of the page.
We are going to cook these fairly hot, so preheat to 375°F.
(If you like very strong smoke flavor, cook these for 20 minutes at 220°F and then crank it up to 375° after that.)
Snap the stems off of the mushrooms. Discard.
Mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, seasonings, and Parmesan cheese.
Stir in the crab and panko.
Put spoonfuls of the crab mixture into the hollowed out mushrooms. Place the filled mushrooms on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Put the baking sheet onto the Traeger and close the lid. Cook for 25 minutes.
If you like toasty tops on your mushrooms, you could put these under a broiler for a minute or two, but we didn’t find it necessary. These were delicious straight out of the pellet grill (after they cool off a bit, of course)!
Pellet Grill Stuffed Mushrooms FAQ
How do you store leftovers?
Store any leftovers in a covered container in the fridge for up to 2-3 days.
What’s the best way to reheat leftovers?
Heat these back up in the oven or in the Traeger for the best results. An air fryer would also work well! Skip the microwave, trust me.
More delicious grilled appetizers here!
- 2 pounds mushrooms (whole)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound crab meat
- 1 cup panko
- 1/8 cup chopped green onion
- Preheat your pellet grill to 375°F.
- Prep the mushrooms by snapping off the stems and wiping the caps with a damp paper towel to remove any dirt or debris.
- Mix together the mayo and cream cheese until combined. Stir in the salt, paprika, onion and garlic powder, black pepper, and Parmesan cheese until everything is well-incorporated.
- Gently stir in the crab meat, panko, and green onion. Don’t overmix or break up the crab meat too much!
- Spoon the crab mixture into the hollow mushrooms and place on a parchment-lined grill-safe baking sheet.
- Place in your preheated pellet grill and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove when heated through.
- If you like toasty tops on your mushrooms, you can stick these under the broiler for a minute or two. They’ll be delicious as-is though!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 373Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 97mgSodium: 938mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 20g
Nutrition data provided here is only an estimate.