This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy.
This easy, delicious Christmas Crack Recipe is the perfect holiday treat! With saltine crackers, toffee bits and chocolate, these come out perfect savory and sweet.
Make your holidays extra special with these other festive recipes like English Toffee, Microwave Peanut Brittle, Double Chocolate Chip Cookies, and easy homemade Caramels.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Only 6 Ingredients: With only 6 ingredients, this Christmas Crack couldn’t be any easier to make! A lot of the ingredients are pantry staples, so you might even have everything on hand. If you are looking for an easy sweet treat during the holidays, this is the one for you!
Sweet & Savory: Sometimes, the best desserts have a combination of sweet and savory. The salt on the crackers pairs perfectly with the caramel chocolate layer on top. The only problem with this is that you won’t be able to stop eating this Christmas cracker candy!
Perfectly Shareable: You can make a few batches of this no easy Christmas crack and package it up to share as holiday gifts. It is perfect to share and everyone I know loves this recipe!
Christmas cracker candy only requires a few ingredients! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Saltine Crackers: The base of the cracker candy is saltine crackers. They make this treat crunchy with a savory balance.
- Brown Sugar: Brown sugar caramelizes in the oven to make a crunchy, sweet layer on top of the crackers.
- Butter: Butter is mixed with the brown sugar for added flavor!
- Milk or Dark Chocolate Chips: Milk or dark chocolate chips both work wonderfully for the chocolate layer of the candy. If you want it sweeter, choose milk chocolate. Dark chocolate will be less sweet but still delicious!
- Toffee Bits: I like to sprinkle toffee bits on top for a crunchy, sweet bite.
- White Chocolate Chips: Melted white chocolate drizzled over the top is a great way to decorate it and add more chocolate.
Here’s How to Make It
Step by Step Instructions
With just a baking sheet and some parchment paper, you can whip up this best Christmas Crack in no time! Here are the simple steps to follow:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with some parchment paper and grease with nonstick spray. Arrange the crackers on a single layer across the pan.
- In a medium sauce pan, start melting the butter over medium-high heat. When the butter is about halfway melted, add the brown sugar and stir until the butter is melted and the mixture begin to bubble. Stir for 3 minutes and set a timer!
- Pour the brown sugar mixture over the crackers and spread evenly using the back of a spoon or rubber spatula spritzed with nonstick spray. Transfer to the oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, immediately sprinkle with milk chocolate chips over the top. Let melt for 3-5 minutes, then spread evenly.
- Sprinkle toffee bits over the top, then drizzle with melted white chocolate.
- Chill for one hour, break apart, and serve or store in an airtight container up to one week.
- Use parchment paper! Don’t skip the parchment paper or you might have a sticky situation. If you use foil, make sure to spray generously with nonstick spray. Foil has more probability of sticking to the candy than parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top as soon as the crackers come out of the oven! You want the crackers to be piping hot when you sprinkle the chocolate chips so that they melt properly and can be easily spread.
- Top your Christmas crack off with more candy! After the melted chocolate chips are spread, you can sprinkle the toffee bits as well as any other little candies. For Christmas, the green and red colored m&ms are perfect!
More Easy Dessert Recipes to Try
Christmas Crack Recipe
This easy, delicious Christmas Crack Recipe is the perfect holiday treat! With saltine crackers, toffee bits and chocolate, these come out perfectly savory and sweet.
Servings: 12 Servings
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lime a sheet pan with parchment and grease with nonstick spray. Arrange crackers in a single layer across the pan.
In a medium sauce pan start melting the butter over medium-high heat. When the butter is about halfway melted, add the brown sugar and stir until the butter is melted completely and mixture begins to bubble. Stir for 3 minutes (set a timer).
Pour the brown sugar mixture over the crackers and spread evenly using the back of a spoon or a rubber spatula spritzed with nonstick spray. Transfer to oven and bake for 5 minutes.
Remove from oven, immediately sprinkle milk chocolate chips over the top. Let melt for 3-5 minutes, then spread evenly.
Sprinkle toffee bits over the top, then drizzle with melted white chocolate.
Chill for one hour, break apart, and serve or store in airtight container up to one week.
Chocolate Chips: Depending on your personal preference you can substitute semisweet or dark chocolate chips, milk chocolate is my personal favorite.
Calories: 474 kcal, Carbohydrates: 69 g, Protein: 2 g, Fat: 22 g, Saturated Fat: 13 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3 g, Trans Fat: 0.2 g, Cholesterol: 24 mg, Sodium: 158 mg, Potassium: 212 mg, Fiber: 0.3 g, Sugar: 58 g, Vitamin A: 262 IU, Vitamin C: 0.1 mg, Calcium: 90 mg, Iron: 1 mg