Improve Staff Wellbeing Without Guessing in the Dark!
How can tracking teacher and staff wellbeing support your school and pupils to thrive?
It is estimated that stress and poor mental health are the number one cause of long-term absence among UK teachers!
You will know that I have been researching teacher workload for over a decade, with my interest developing from working with teachers facing the same problems in other countries.
For years, I was very cautious about tracking teacher workload, just one of the challenges to address, but in a world of data science, this information provides vital insight for school leaders – no more guessing in the dark!
Solving the wellbeing problem!
There are three questions all school leaders must ask themselves:
- Do you want to create a happy and supportive working environment?
- How can you gather wellbeing information to save time and money on recruitment, cover, and absences?
- How can tracking teacher and staff wellbeing help raise pupil attainment?
If your answer is a resounding yes, then Welbee can support you with these evidence-based benefits.
7 reasons Welbee will help …
Welbee’s easy to use online platform provides schools, colleges and MATs with a systemised process that identifies key areas of focus and recommends actions that improve staff wellbeing. These actions are tailored based on measurement against the six areas proven to have the greatest impact on staff wellbeing.
- Challenges in staff recruitment, retention, and absences continue to impact student attainment. How is your school showing its staff that their wellbeing is at the top of your agenda?
- How can leaders be proactive rather than reactive? For example, adopting behaviours proven to prevent and reduce stress or using stay rather than exit interviews to address any concerns before they turn into an irretrievable resignation.
- How do you address being too busy to stop and reflect on actually being busy? It is time to take action or get left behind in what is going to become an even more competitive market for teachers and support staff.
- Do you have a staff wellbeing charter? The survey Welbee uses is recognised by the DfE’s Staff Wellbeing Charter, providing you with the ability to measure, track and improve the wellbeing of your staff.
- How regularly do you have critical open dialogue and allow two-way anonymous conversations with staff? Welbee provides a safe space for staff to share their feedback.
- How well do you help manage accountability and reduce stress for leaders and all staff? Welbee benchmarks, filters and actions make it easier to identify areas for celebration and focus.
- How do you build good wellbeing habits so they become part of your culture? Welbee want this to be your story.
How will we know that these strategies are working for us?
Schools robustly track students‘ performance and measure the impact of actions taken, why then would they not do this for staff and their wellbeing? The evidence speaks for itself – measuring staff self-reported wellbeing delivers:
- Improved retention
- Reduced absences
- Better financial performance
- Raised student attainment.
Are you committed to improving these outcomes at your school? If so, you need to know where you are now. Welbee will analyse your current position, create your benchmarked baseline and track progress over time, alongside helping you prioritise those actions that have the greatest impact.
If you’re going to look at staff wellbeing, the place to focus your energies is in and around how to build wellbeing into the culture of the school.
Visit Welbee to learn more and see how they will support improving staff wellbeing and transform your workplace …
This is a promotion